This Valentine’s Day, couples, friends and families who enjoy the thrill of the chase can enjoy a full day of exciting racing at Ascot Racecourse for free. Ascot will be offering complimentary Grandstand Admission tickets as the racecourse celebrates 50 years of Jumps racing.
Founded in 1711, Ascot has enjoyed more than 300 years history of Flat racing, but only hosted its first Jumps meeting in 1965 on the closure of the local Hurst Park. Over that period it has hosted some of the greatest names in Jumps racing including Arkle, Desert Orchid, Baracouda, Kauto Star and most recently, Sprinter Sacre.
The Ascot Chase Raceday will celebrate historic moments as racing legends are shown across the big screens, and perhaps a new star will emerge out of the seven top class races on the day featuring the Grade One £150,000 Betfair Ascot Chase. One of Ascot’s best established Jumps races, the Betfair Ascot Chase often acts as a final outing for horses being geared up for the Ryanair Chase, or possibly the Champion Chase at the Cheltenham Festival in March.
Following the racing Premier Admission racegoers will get the chance to take part in a preview session ahead of the Cheltenham Festival. This is the first time ever that Ascot racecourse has hosted such an event and former jockey and leading trainer Paul Nicholls will be on hand to share his insights and plans.
Couples who want to indulge each other that little bit more can enjoy the Valentine’s Couple Package, which includes Premier Admission tickets with spectacular views from the fourth floor of the Grandstand as well a sparkling glass of Prosseco on arrival.
Details of tickets and packages
Grandstand Admission – exclusive offer, FREE:
• Maximum of 2 tickets per booking, advanced booking only.
Premier Admission – £10 per person:
Valentines’ Couples Package, £20.00 per couple:
• This exclusive offer includes two Premier Admission tickets and a complimentary glass of Prosecco per person on arrival and access to panoramic view from the fourth floor of the Grandstand
Tickets can be purchased in advance and children under 18 years of age gain free entry to this event as well as all other Ascot meetings. Free Grandstand tickets must be booked in advance. Maximum of two tickets per person.
To book or for further information, please call 0844 346 3000 or visit www.ascot.co.uk
Can’t make it on Valentine’s Day, then here are the other race day dates for your 2015 calendar.
Ascot Racedays 2015
• Saturday 14 February Ascot Chase Raceday
• Sunday 29 March Prince’s Countryside Fund Raceday Family Day
• Wednesday 29 April Discover Ascot Raceday
• Friday 8 May – Evening May Racenight
• Saturday 9 May Victoria Cup Raceday
• Tuesday 16th June 2015 Royal Ascot Tuesday
• Wednesday 17th June 2015 Royal Ascot Wednesday
• Thursday 18th June 2015 Royal Ascot Thursday
• Friday 19th June 2015 Royal Ascot Friday
• Saturday 20th June 2015 Royal Ascot Saturday
• Friday 10 July Property Raceday
• Saturday 11 July Summer Mile Raceday
• Friday 24 July King George Weekend Friday
• Saturday 25 July King George Day
• Saturday 8 August Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup
• Friday 4 September Friday 4 September
• Saturday 5 September Festival of Food and Wine Raceday
• Friday 2 October Autumn Friday & 9th Annual CAMRA Beer Festival
• Saturday 3 October Autumn Saturday & 9th Annual CAMRA Beer Festival
• Saturday 17 October Qipco British Champions Day
• Saturday 31 October United House Group Raceday & Firework Spectacular Family Day
• Friday 20 November Friday & Christmas Shopping Village
• Saturday 21 November Saturday & Christmas Shopping Village Family Day
• Friday 18 December Christmas Racing Friday
• Saturday 19 December Christmas Racing Saturday