This is a nice weekend or special day breakfast that little ones can help in making.
Perfect breakfast in bed material that the whole family will enjoy. Traditionally made with plain bread but the croissant makes this a little special.
Feel free to substitute the croissant for granary bread and omit the sugars for an even healthier start to your day.
You Will Need:
- 2 free range eggs
- dash of milk
- 2 stale croissants (this can be replaced with wholemeal/granary bread)
- any fruit
- Sprinkle of icing sugar or drizzle of honey
What You Do Is:
- Cut the croissant into diagonal slices.
- Children then mix eggs and milk in a shallow dish
- You heat a teaspoon of sunflower oil in non stick pan.
- The children dunk the slices of croissant well on both sides in the eggs then you fry on both sides until they sort of fluff up while the kids set about hulling strawberries or washing fruit. (The trick is to have the oil hot when they go in but turn down the heat so they don’t get crispy and rubbery).
- Transfer to plate then the children can decorate with fruit, icing sugar or honey.
Stephanie and her family live in South West France after emigrating from the UK last year. She runs a family friendly B&B & gite in the gorgeous Charente region near Cognac and La Rochelle. If you require any further information from Steph on cooking for kids or on their lovely farmhouse please drop her line at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website here: www.thecourtyard.fr